« Governor Granholm Makes Appointments to Qualifications Advisory Committee | Main | Recent Laws to Reduce Insurance Costs Affect Claims »

Tuesday, October 26, 2004


My husband was off for 3months of work due to a knee injury that resulted in surgery from being hurt at work. He has been an employee of 4-5years now, and receives all benefits. They are trying to hold his vacation pay, which in his handbook states that after a year, an employee is eligible for vacation pay which is paid out from your anniversary date(the date he originally started). It states nothing about being able to hold it yet his work is holding his vacation pay because his injury for 4-6wks. Refusing to give it to him upon his anniversary date of hire. What am I able to do here and is workman's comp able to pay the difference? Nowhere does it state in the handbook they're able to do so. They are telling us to look at fringe benefits and the handbook. I found one listing. Any help would be appreciated here.

The comments to this entry are closed.


  • MICHIGAN COMP LAW is written by RONALD W. RYAN. I have practiced workers' compensation law since 1991. Should you have any questions about workers' compensation law, or need representation, email me at rryan@lewisreedallen.com, or call (269) 553-1424.


  • Google